Monday 11 June 2012

Papercrafts Gallery Idol 2012 - round 3

Hi everyone! I’m popping in today with my card for Round 3 of the Gallery Idol Competition! Thank you all so much for your votes and wonderful comments! I’m very excited and so very thankful to have made it this far! 

 
Our challenge for this round is to use one product in making both a masculine and feminine card. For my cards I decided to use the same background stamp (the Designer Woodgrain by Hero Arts) but I also wanted to use the same colour combo and a similar design for both of them. Here’s what I came up with:

Monochromatic set

My masculine card is a nautical Father’s Day card. I made this life preserver ring using a white cardstock and some paper string. I also added a white thread to finish it up:

Monochromatic set

For my feminine Thank you card, I used a butterfly that I covered in gold glitter glue. The little leaf stamp comes from the Rose Background stamp by Hero Arts and the sentiment is from Mother's Flowers set by Jane’s Doodles:

Monochromatic set


Voting for this round of Gallery Idol is open now, so if you do like my cards, and would like to vote you can do so HERE (or by clicking on the photo at the top of my sidebar)! All your votes are really appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

Aga

21 comments:

  1. Masz niesamowite podejscie do tych stempli! Uzyc tego motyla w TAKI sposob jak rowniez wykorzystac TYLKO liscie od roz, to jest po prostu bomba! Obie kartki sa wspaniale! Glosuje i trzymam kciuki!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning as usual Aga! Love the background and both these cards are so CAS. The guy card is so cool, love how you created the life preserver, and I LOVE the shine and sparkle on the butterfly and the leaves that frame it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are SO.flippin.FABULOUS. seriously. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So soft and beautiful Aga! I love the color palette!

    So happy o be playing along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful designs and I like how the cards compliment each other so well in colour and style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew you would come up with some kind of CAS fabulous!!! Both are pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them, the gold butterfly is stunning and the twine behind the kraft on the masculine card is a great detail

    ReplyDelete
  8. super gorgeous and just plain perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever, love both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so strikingly gorgeous, Aga! I love the life preserver--very clever. The glittery butterfly is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! Aga...these are both so, so stunning! Way to rock the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, these cards are great! I really like the life preserver! Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. stunning design. love the life preserver and the twine behind the panel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Aga! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Aga, I just love these! They definitely have your signature style and class. Good luck this round!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are simply beautiful Aga! I love the detail on the butterfly and the twine on the life preserver! Both are fantastic cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card as always, Aga. You definitely get my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aga, these are so beautiful! Well done with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aga, these are just stunning! They just ooze classic beauty! No way to choose a favorite....I love both versions. So glad to have been in this competition with you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. your cards are amazing and original! congrats on making it to the next round!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow. These are simply beautiful in every way. 'Perfect' might be the best word.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it and I hope you visit again!